Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I like the Nightlife.


Here is my Midterm website project. I actually really like how it turned out. For my theme of late-night dining I wanted to keep the colors simple - I decided to simply do black and white, which would contrast well with each other, and seem like neon lights in the dark. The white text really pops on the black background. I chose American Typewriter for the site's logo and link buttons, because I felt it's old-fashioned feel strengthened the theme of diners and Americana. The photos also have white frames, and simple colors so the page doesn't look to busy. I particularly like the angles between my main photo and the one in on the top right; the two neon signs interact well with each other, creating a kind of tipi. I used outside shadow on the button's text and inside shadow on the buttons background to make them pop out - this way they match the icons I added for Facebook, Twitter, and the RSS feed.

2 comments:

  1. I like what you did with your page.The simple layout works well with your topic , lets you focus on the images. The tabs look good like the font and all the links easy to navigate .

    ReplyDelete
  2. The easily found facebook and twitter buttons are well placed. I also like the idea for the website, as I know a lot of people who'd like to know the best late night eats.

    ReplyDelete